ASTARTE: TILE ADHESIVES SPECIAL LINE
Flexible and powerful tile adhesive, based on high strength white Portland cement (I-52.5), white marble aggregates and special vinylic additives that improve adhesion of the tiles even in the most difficult surfaces. It is particularly resistant to humid environment as well as to frost and to temperature fluctuations. It is classified as C2TES1 according to ΕΝ 12004.
Suitable for fixing of any kind of tiles (GL and UGL) on floors or walls and on substrates such as concrete, plasters, cement screed, aerated concrete etc., indoors or outdoors. It is also proposed for fixing tiles in difficult and non-absorbent surfaces such as mosaics, old ceramic tiles, marble, granite and gypsum boards (according to the gypsum boards manufacturer's instructions), pools, tanks, underfloor heating surfaces etc. It can be also used for adhesion of insulating materials (DOW, styrofoam etc.) on walls made of concrete or brick.
- Resistance to temperature fluctuations.
- Suitable for fixing tiles to non-absorbent substrates and surfaces contractions - expansions
- Highly powerful adhesions with flexible characteristics.
- No slipping of the tiles during application on walls
- High resistance to temperature fluctuations (hot-cold) and moisture.
- Extended open time.
- Easy to apply.
- It does not create lumps.
- Check and prepare the application surface.
- Mix with the necessary amount of water using an electric mixer at low speed, until you get a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Leave the mixture to mature for five to ten minutes and stir again.
- Apply ASTARTE Giallo Special Vinylic by means of a toothed spatula, the size of which is selected according to the type of tiles and the substrate.
- Tiles should be placed within 20 minutes from applying the adhesive and definitely before the appearance of crust on its surface.
- The adhesive remains workable in the pot for 3-4 hours, depending on the season, temperature and humidity of the environment.
- When the adhesive begins to set, then stir again without adding water.
- The grouting can be done after 24 hours for floors and 12 hours for walls.
European standard ΕΝ 12004 (C2TES1 )
- Colour: White
- Adhesion strength (EN 1348): On concrete after 28 days: 1.50Ν/mm² / After heating at 70°C: 1.40Ν/mm² / In water: 1.30Ν/mm² / After 25 cycles of freezing-thawing: 1.20Ν/mm²
- Slip (EN 1308): <0.5mm
- Transverse deformation (EN 12002): 4.0 mm (S1)
- Open time: 30 - 40 min
- Time for minor corrections: 10 min
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Mixing ratio: 7 lt of water / 25 Kg of powder
- In bags of 25 kg
- In a pallet of 1.350 kg, 54 bags
Approximately 2.5 – 4.0 kg per m² depending on the size and type of the tiles