ASTARTE: TILE ADHESIVES SPECIAL LINE
High quality, white polymer modified adhesive, based on high strength white cement Portland (I-52.5), white marble aggregates and special additives. Suitable for applying tiles on floors or walls, with no slipping on vertical surfaces. It is classified as C1T according to ΕΝ 12004.
It can be used with all types of tiles. It is recommended for fixing tiles on the wall or on the floor, onto concrete, cement screed, plaster or brick, indoors and outdoors, providing high initial and final adhesion strength. For best results when used with reduced absorbency tiles, it is recommended to use it in combination with the acrylic dispersion ASTARTE FLEX MIX.
- High adhesion strength.
- No slip of the tiles during application on vertical surfaces.
- Resistance to temperature fluctuations.
- Easy to use.
- Check and prepare the application surface.
- Mix with the necessary amount of water using an electric mixer at low speed, until you get a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Leave the mixture to mature for five to ten minutes and stir again.
- Apply ASTARTE Celeste Plus Acrylic by means of a toothed spatula, the size of which is selected according to the type of tile and the substrate.
- Tiles should be fixed within 20 minutes from applying the adhesive and definitely before the appearance of crust on its surface.
- The adhesive remains workable for 3-4 hours depending on the season, temperature and humidity of the environment.
- When the adhesive begins to set, then you must stir again without adding water.
- The grouting can be done after 24 hours for floors and walls 12 hours.
European standard ΕΝ 12004 (C1T)
- Colour: White
- Adhesion strength (EN 1348): On concrete after 28 days: 1.0Ν/mm² / After heating at 70°C: 0.8Ν/mm² / In water: 0.5Ν/mm² / After 25 cycles of freezing-thawing: 0.5Ν/mm²
- Slip (EN 1308): <0.5mm
- Open time: 20 - 25 min
- Time for minor corrections: 10 min
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Mixing ratio: 7 lt of water / 25 Kg of powder
- In bags of 25 kg
- In pallet of 1.350 kg, 54 bags
In intact packaging and dry environment, 12 months from the production date.
Approximately 2.5 – 4.0 kg per m² depending on the size and type of the tiles