HARD TOP Q
CEMENT BASED CONCRETE SURFACE HARDENER
Surface hardener based on high strength cement with graded quartz aggregates and special additives.
Bags of 25 kg
+5°C to +35°C
2 – 5 kg/m², depending on the different usages of the floor
The product is applied on fresh concrete and is used for improving the surface hardness and the abrasion resistance of monolithic concrete floors. Typical applications: warehouses, garages, loading-unloading platforms, corridors, slip resistant ramps etc.
- Economical & easy to apply
- Increased durability compared to concrete without hardener
- Low cost of maintenance
- Increased abrasion resistance compared to conventional concrete without hardener
- Surface with reduced porosity
- Industrial Floors:
The final quality of a high performance cementitious industrial floor not only depends on the surface hardener but also on the design and quality of the concrete below.
- Suitable superplasticizer, without retardation, should be added to concrete in order to achieve the required workability for a proper placing. Try to avoid bleeding by controlling the concrete composition and workability. In cases where there is bleeding water on the surface, gentle remove it before the application of HARD TOP Q.
- HARD TOP Q is evenly spread on fresh concrete as soon as its initial setting has started. In cases where concreting takes place on existing concrete, proper adhesion between fresh and old concrete should be ensured by using a suitable bonding slurry ( cement+ acrylic resin MP20) and by installing a steel mesh T131.
- HARD TOP Q is applied at a consumption of 2-5 kg/m² depending on the different usages of the floor.
- Initially spread 2/3 of the total quantity of HARD TOP Q and then use a power floater to ensure the product has become an integral part of concrete. Follow by spreading the remaining quantity (1/3) of HARD TOP Q at right angles to the first application and then use again a power floater in order to finish the surface and achieve a monolithic smooth floor. In case an anti-slip surface is required the final finishing is conducted by a hard broom.
- After the application stages of HARD TOP Q and as soon as the surface will not be marred by the application (normally 2-6 hrs), use wet burlaps or appropriate curing compounds to avoid the quick evaporation of water and the creation of hairline cracks.
- In case of a laser screed application the installation/spreading of HARD TOP Q can be conducted in one application step
- One day after the application of HARD TOP Q, it is necessary to saw cut contraction joints at 3-5 mm wide and on a 15-25 m² area.
- Apply appropriate joint sealant after concrete has hardened.
Slip resistant ramps:
- Concrete surface where an anti-slip ramp will be constructed should be clean and sound. Place anchor bolts on the existing concrete surface using DURA EP BOND epoxy paste, prime the surface using an appropriate bonding slurry of resin MP20 and cement at a mixing ratio of 1:1 by volume and install the steel mesh T131.
- Place and level concrete with a medium size aggregate and cement content of 450 kg/m³ at 6-8 cm thickness. Mix HARD TOP Q with water in order to produce a slurry which will be placed and leveled on top of the fresh concrete. Then the creation of the streaks is conducted with the use of a special tool. After the completion of the ramp curing of the floor with the appropriate curing compound is necessary.
- Maximum storage time in intact packaging and in dry environment: 12 months from the production date