VELVET LIQUID P.U.
Transparent, satin, solvent-free, one-component aliphatic polyurethane coating. During the application, it is polymerized as a result of the humidity of the environment and creates a unified flexible hydrophobic film, making the surface extremely resistant to abrasion and other stresses. Resistant to UV radiation.
+5°C to +35°C
Paint roller, paintbrush
100 – 200 gr/m² per layer (1 – 2 layers needed)
Use for a transparent protective coat for MARMOLINE VELVET DECO SUPERIA decorative cement-based finishing screed. Due to its properties, it is widely used on floors, walls and other surfaces of houses, offices, retail stores, show rooms, restaurants & night clubs, hospitals, storage facilities, production areas, hospitals, showrooms etc.
- Easy to apply – One component
- Decorates and improves the surface on which it is applied
- Transparent – UV stable – non yellowing
- Provides a surface that can be walked on, with high resistance to abrasion and impact
- Maintains its mechanical properties at temperatures that range between -20°C to + 90°C
- Allows the surface to “breath”
- For an optimum result and high resistance, you need to carefully prepare the application surface.
- The surface should be clean, free of dirt or loose particles, which may have a negative impact on the adhesion of the varnish.
- Do not wash the surface with water before the application. If necessary dry clean it with a vacuum cleaner, to remove any dirt.
- The surface should be also thoroughly dry. Check with a suitable moisture meter, that surface’s moisture is less than 5%, or else problems may occur in application. Particular attention should be given to possible presence of moisture in the substrate, if VELVET DECO SUPERIA is applied outdoors.
- Any cracks should previously be repaired using the appropriate materials and be smoothed.
- Before applying VELVET LIQUID P.U. varnish, you can apply the water based transparent silicone sealant MARMOLINE MS 33.
- Apply the product undiluted, using a roller, at thin layers. Do not leave any standing water.
- Because of the polymerization of the material, you need to change a roller every 30 minutes, especially if the temperature during the application exceeds 25°C.
- Application temperature +5°C to +35°C. Low temperatures slow down product’s hardening while high temperatures speed up curing. Pay attention to ambient temperature during summer months. Avoid the very warm days and prefer morning hours for application. High humidity may affect the final finish.
- Use only in well ventilated areas. Use protective equipment to avoid inhaling the product vapors.
- The surface covered with VELVET LIQUID P.U. is slippery when wet.
Maximum storage time in intact packaging and in temperature between +5°C to+ 30°C: 12 months after production date