Acrylic-based, transparent (matt) polish for impregnation and protection from oils and dirt. Suitable for applications of MARMOLINE VELVET DECO decorative cement -based finishing screed. It is extremely resistant to UV rays. Non-shining, not turning yellow, no flaking.
+5°C to +35°C
Paint roller/ paintbrush
Use 1 lt per 5 to 8 m² depending on the substrate and its absorbency
Use indoors and outdoors for waterproofing and protection of surfaces of decorative cement -based finishing screed, to prevent stains from domestic dirt and ensure easy cleaning with mild domestic cleaning products. Also use on surfaces of all kinds of natural stones.
- Ready to use
- Water repellent
- Oil repellent
- Not turning yellow
- Νo flaking
- Interior and exterior use
- Easy to apply with a paint roller or paintbrush
- The surface of VELVET DECO decorative cement -based finishing screed must be thoroughly dry and clean. Check with a suitable moisture meter, that surface’s moisture is less than 5%, or else problems may occur in application. Particular attention should be given to possible presence of moisture in the substrate, if VELVET DECO is applied outdoors.
- If there’s dust on the surface, dry clean it with a vacuum cleaner, to remove any dirt. You can also clean the decorative cement surfaces (or stones) using a squeezed damp sponge, but do not leave any moisture on it.
- If the application of the varnish is made on old stained surfaces, these should be thoroughly cleaned before application, using MARMOLINE cleaning products.
- On new stone surfaces, the varnish should be applied at least 4 weeks after the adhesion and joint-filling of the stones.
- Before applying VELVET LIQUID varnish, you can apply the water based transparent silicone sealant MARMOLINE MS 33.
- Stir VELVET LIQUID and apply it with a paint roller or paintbrush in 2 coats. The second coat should be applied 2 – 3 hours after the first one.
- Pay attention to ambient temperature during summer months. Avoid the very warm days and prefer morning hours for application
- After having applied the varnish, protect the surfaces from water for at least 24 hours.
- Clean the tools right after application, using a solvent.
Containers must be stored in dry areas at a temperature from +5°C to +35°C and protected from sunlight and are preserved for at least 24 months from the date of production.