THERMAL INSULATION - "MONOSIS", SEALING, WATER INSULATION
It is used for the coating of insulation boards of expanded (EPS) or extruded polystyrene (XPS), or mineral wool (MW), in combination with an appropriate fiberglass mesh.
It can also be used for bonding of insulation boards on the outer surfaces of buildings.
- Strong adhesion on the substrate and the insulation materials.
- High mechanical strength.
- Resistance in temperature fluctuations.
- Easy to use.
As reinforced coating for insulation boards:
- The insulation boards on which the coating will be applied, should have been placed in a brick work way, and levelled. Any gaps between the boards, should be filled with expanded polyurethane foam.
- Stir the product gently.
- Apply the paste with a notched trowel in a layer 2 – 3 mm thick.
- Place a suitable fiberglass mesh in the layer, and using a smooth trowel dip the mesh in the coating. The mesh strips should overlap each other by 10 cm approx. At the end smooth the surface, while removing any excess material.
As insulation boards adhesive:
- Check that the substrate is clean of loose material, dust, etc.
- For adhesion on newly plastered surfaces, the application should be done at least 2 weeks after plastering.
- For very absorbent surfaces, it is recommended to prime them with MARMOLINE MST 11 or PRO CONTACT.
- On smooth surfaces, apply the paste across the surface of the insulation board using a notched trowel
- On uneven surfaces, apply the paste on the board perimeter and then selectively on its center, so that the paste covers at least 40% of the board’s surface.
- The placement of the insulation boards should start from the bottom of the wall, and then going upwards, crosswise and without leaving gaps.
- The drying time depends on the environmental temperature and humidity. Under normal conditions, the surface may be covered with a decorative plaster after 48 hours, at least.
- Not recommended for use in extreme weather conditions (frost or heat wave). Application temperature: +5ºC to +35ºC.
- European Guideline ETAG 004, part of the certified system MARMOLINE MONOSIS ENERGY SAVING SYSTEMS ETICS.
- European standards EN 12004 (D1E) & EN 15824.
- Colour: White paste.
- Granulometry: 1.5 mm.
- Density: 1650 - 1850 kg/m³.
- Initial shear adhesion strength: 1 MPa (EN 1324).
- Shear adhesion strength after heat ageing: 1 MPa (EN 1324).
- Adhesion strength with EPS - XPS: 0.08 MPa (ETAG 004).
- Adhesion strength with MW: 0.008 MPa (cohesive failure in insulation material) (ETAG 004).
- Plastic containers of 15 kg.
- Palette of 495 kg, 33 plastic containers.
Maximum storage time in intact packaging, protected from direct sunlight and frost (storing temperature +5ºC to +35ºC): 12 months after production date.
- Approx. 3 kg/m², when used as a fiberglass mesh reinforced plaster on polystyrene or mineral wool
- 2 - 4 kg/m², depending on the nature of the substrate, and the trowel’s notch size, when used as an insulation boards’ adhesive.