THERMAL INSULATION - "MONOSIS", SEALING, WATER INSULATION
Elastic and flexible cement mortar for the sealing of concrete and masonry. Consists of two components: (A) white, cement-based dry mortar, with selected quartz aggregates and special additives and (B) high performance acrylic-based liquid.
It is suitable for
- Waterproofing of the concrete that is subject to small shifts or cracks
- Protection of the concrete from atmospheric agents
- Waterproofing coating on roofs, with the use of a mesh, where necessary
- Sealing of basements, water tanks and pools (before the installation of tiles)
- Product suitable for contact with water intended for human consumption (conforms with EN 14944-1)
- Sealing and coating of holes of traverses in order to ensure waterproofing
- Sealing of foundations, masonry walls
- Resistant to negative or positive water pressure
- Vapour permeable
- Quick and easy application
- Crack bridging capability
- Environmentally friendly
- Resistant to solar radiation
- The substrate should be clean and structurally sound without cracks.
- The temperature of the substrate should range between 5 °C and 35°C
- Before the application of AQUATA ELASTIC, you should water the substrate until saturated and remove any standing water.
- Empty the liquid (component B) in a clean container, leaving a small quantity inside the container
- Add the dry mortar (component A) slowly to the liquid, while you stir with the appropriate mixer.
- Mixing is performed with a mechanic mixer at a slow speed, until the mixture is homogenized and lump-free.
- Leave the mixture to settle for 3 minutes and mix again, adding the rest of the amount of liquid.
- You should not add water to the mixture.
- During application, stir the mixture again at regular intervals.
- The material is applied in two layers.
- Apply the first layer with a brush, by pressing the material on the surface
- The second layer can be applied (with a brush, spatula or roller), once the first layer has dried, and always vertically to the first layer
- Period between the two layers: minimum time 12 hours and maximum time 48 hours at 20°C
- During summer months you should cure the mortar by spraying it with water and during winter months by covering it with plastic sheets/tarps (do not spray with water).
- Curing is recommended to last for 3 days, while the material is protected from strong wind, extreme temperatures, frost and rain
European standard EN 1504-2
Product suitable for contact with water intended for human consumption (EN 14944-1)
- Water vapour permeability: Class I
- Carbon dioxide permeability: SD>50
- Adhesion strength by pull off test ≥ 1.5 MPa
- Crack bridging capability: • Method A-Static: Α4 (-10 °C) • Method B-Dynamic: B1 (-10 °C)
- Capillary absorption: w< 0.1 kg/m²h⁰´⁵
- Reaction to fire: Euroclass A1
- Product suitable for contact with water intended for human consumption (EN 14944-1)
- Component A: Bag of 25 kg
- Component B: Container of 8.75 kg
Maximum storage time, in intact packaging and in dry environment: 12 months from the production date.
Coverage with 1 kg: 0.60 - 0.75 m² depending on the project's requirements and the thickness of the application.