THERMAL INSULATION - "MONOSIS", SEALING, WATER INSULATION
Single component ready mortar, based on Portland cement, white marble aggregates and special additives to improve waterproofing and water-tightness. Apply for substrate waterproofing by way of precaution or for repair. It can be used alone, simply mixed with water, or combined with acrylic resin MARMOLINE MP 20, when a high degree of waterproofing and elasticity is needed.
For the waterproofing of elements of masonry concrete and plaster. Apply in cases varying from simple dampness to water under pressure. Suitable for the sealing of underground walls indoors and outdoors before backfilling (for repair or by way of precaution), plant stands, tanks, swimming pools, etc. Apply on vertical and flat surfaces of concrete, stone, bricks, cement blocks, plasters, aerated concrete, etc. which are to be coated with ceramic tiles or marble. Excellent adhesion to the substrate. For specific requirements and flexibility, it is recommended to add the acrylic dispersion MARMOLINE MP 20.
- Protects the surfaces from positive and negative hydrostatic pressure and from corrosion.
- Excellent adhesion and waterproofing.
- Moisture- and frost-proof.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Breathable after application; it can be coated with tiles, painted or plastered.
- Easy to use and cost-effective.
- Check and prepare the application surface. Make sure that the surface is clean and free of dust and oils
- Use appropriate fast-setting materials to seal the places where there is water leak
- Repair starter bars, wooden moulds and then saturate the surface
- Add water to MARMOLINE AQUATA 240 and mix until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Mix the blend regularly during application.
- Apply the mix with special hard bristle brushes in 2 or more coats depending on the problem
- The desired thickness per coat is 1 mm
- Apply the next coat crossways, before the previous one is well dry
- It is suggested to use MP 20 acrylic dispersion, where the needs for waterproofing and elasticity are quite high. Dilute MP 20 with water before adding to AQUATA 240 at a ratio of 1:1 or 1:3 depending on the desired result.
- If the application of AQUATA 240 is followed by plastering, then you should apply first MARMOLINE SV1 with MP 20 dispersion, to avoid any adhesion problems of the plaster with the sealant. After SV1, you can use any other MARMOLINE plaster (SV 2, SV 100), etc
- mixing water: 9,5 - 11 lt/ 25 kg bag
European Standard EN 1504.2
- Granulometry: 0 – 0.5 mm.
- Form: Grey powder
- Specific gravity of wet mortar: 1750 kg/m³.
- Compressive strength in 28 days: 12 MPa. (Method ΕΝ 1015–11)
- Flexural strength in 28 days: 3.5 MPa. (Method ΕΝ 1015–11).
- Water vapour permeability: Sd=0.24 m - Class 1. (Method ΕΝ ISO 7783–1).
- Capillary water absorption: 0.05 kg/m².h⁰´⁵ (Method EN 1062–3).
- Adhesion: 2 MPa. (Method ΕΝ 1542).
- Working time: appr. 45 min.
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C.
- Bags of 25 kg – Palette of 1350 kg (54 paper bags).
- Plastic bags of 5 kg – Cardboard boxes of 20 kg (4 plastic bags) – Palette of 960 kg (48 cardboard boxes of 20 kg).
12 months from the date of production in unopened package, in a dry place.
Approx. 2.5 - 3 Kg of mortar /m² for 2 mm of thickness.