THERMOFOAM 2 SEAL
One component, low-expansion polyurethane foam, without solvents for professional use. It is polymerized with the humidity of the atmosphere. It has a great adhesiveness on plaster, concrete, bricks, wood, HDF, metal, bitumen surfaces etc.
Bottles of 830 ml
+5°C to +35°C
The suggested stripe thickness is 1 – 1.2 cm
It is used for the adhesion of polystyrene insulation boards in ETICS systems. THERMOFOAM 2 SEAL does not substitute additional mechanical fixing of the boards with suitable anchors until the curing of the adhesive.
- Great adhesiveness to most ingredients (apart from polyethylene and silicone surfaces)
- Low expansion
- High thermal and acoustic insulation
- Humidity resistant
- Aging resistant
- Before application, clean the surfaces from dirt, rickety materials, impurities, oils and solvents.
- Apply by using a professional PU foam gun. Before using the spray gun lubricate it with grease or teflon spray. Place the THERMOFOAM 2 SEAL BOTTLE onto the gun and screw. Adjust the flow of the material by rotating the screw located at the back side of the gun.
- The application temperature should range between +5⁰C and + 35⁰C.
- Apply THERMOFOAM 2 SEAL around the edges of the insulation board, in 5 cm distance from each edge. In addition apply in consecutives stripes with 30 cm intervals. The suggested stripe thickness is 1 – 1.2 cm.
- It is suggested to moisten the insulation boards surface before applying the foam, in order to enhance adhesion and increase curing speed.
- In case of gaps between the insulation boards, fill them with extra foam to avoid thermal bridges.
- Apply the fixing anchors to the boards, 30-40 minutes after their placement on the wall.
- Dried particles can be removed mechanically. To clean the application gun, use an appropriate polyurethane solvent (attach the solvent bottle to the gun and spray until there’s no foam left in the gun).
It can be preserved for 12 months after the production date. Do not store in temperature above 50⁰C. For longer shelf life, do not store the cans at temperatures above 25⁰C and below -5⁰C. The cans should always be stored vertically.