AQUATA PU 35
Elastomeric, one ingredient, polyurethane-based joints sealant, in the form of thixotropic paste. Once it comes in contact with the air in the atmosphere, it transforms into a flexible and cohesive mass. It is available in white and gray.
Aluminum cartridges of 310ml
Tubes of 600ml
+5°C to + 25°C
It is used for sealings and adhesions in constructions, for industrial applications, internal decoration, and for applications in ships and vehicles. After its polymerization, it can be painted using any of the usual painting systems. It has adhesive capabilities to the majority of porous and non-porous substrates, such as: Concrete, ceramics, glass, wood, aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized or painted metal, firm or flexible plastic.
- Flexible behavior and high mechanical strength
- Adhesiveness to different types of materials
- Oscillation damping
- It can be painted over with water‐based paints
- Very resistant to aging caused by UV radiation and humidity
- Porous surfaces should be cleaned from dust, rickety materials, etc. by blowing with compressed air. Metal surfaces should be cleaned from oily substances using a solvent or gasoline.
- If you are concerned about the aesthetic result, you should place adhesive paper tape on both sides of the joint, which will be removed after the sealing, in order to avoid getting the surface dirty.
- If you want to seal concrete joints, it is recommended that you coat the edges of joints with a special primer, so as to strengthen the adhesive surface. The sealing should be placed 15 minutes to 3 hours after the coating of the primer.
- The width of the sealing should not be less than 5 mm (for joints) and 2 mm (for bondings). Also it should not exceed 3 cm (for joints) and 1 cm (for bondings). The depth of the sealing is one half of the width, for widths that exceed 1.5 cm and equal to the width for widths smaller than 1.5 cm.
- Where necessary, the depth of the sealing is regulated, with an expanded polyethylene cord, which prevents the adhesion of the material at the bottom thus allowing free monitoring of compressing and expanding. If the depth of the joint does not allow the placement of the cord, it is recommended that a polyethylene film be placed at the bottom in order to avoid adhesion.
- Cut the nozzle obliquely, so as to create an opening proportional to the width of the sealing.
- Insert the cartridge in a hand pistol or an air pistol and use it to insert the material in the joint.
- Shape the surface of the material with a spatula, so as to create a slightly negative meniscus.
- The material should be cleaned before its polymerization with white spirit. The polymerized material should be removed mechanically.
At least 12 months in places with normal temperature and humidity