VELVET DECO PREMIA COARSE
+5°C / +35°C
Approx. 1,6 kg/m2 /mm
Internal & External Use
In every space
VELVET DECO PREMIA COARSE is suitable for application on the following types of substrates:
• Concrete and cement mortars
• Mosaic and existing old tiles (using a suitable primer)
•Cement boards, plasterboards (using a suitable primer)
Suitable for application on horizontal and vertical surfaces in the following areas:
•Living areas (kitchens, living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, showers, built-in furniture)
• Warehouses & handling areas
• Office spaces
• Commercial buildings
• Surfaces with underfloor heating system
- High flexibility
- Used for the aesthetic renovation of interior or exterior surfaces, walls and floors
- Ready to use
- It does not crack
- Very good workability
- Perfect aesthetic result
- Smooth final surface
- Strong adhesion to the substrate
- High compressive, flexural and abrasion resistance
- The substrate should be properly prepared (thoroughly dry, sufficiently stable and free of dust, grease, loose materials etc.). If the substrate is rough and not sufficiently flat, it should be smoothed/ smoothed by using MARMOLINE FLOW SL 500 self-levelling floor screed.
Application of the base coat:
- Prime the substrate using MARMOLINE PRO CONTACT quartz adhesion primer. Apply VELVET DECO FLEX base coat mortar as a filling and levelling base coating in a single layer (once the primer has dried, at least 2 hours after).
- Primer consumption: 200 – 300 gr/m2.
- VELVET DECO FLEX is gradually added to water under continuous stirring, until a suitable mixture is formed. Applied using a 10 mm notched trowel, while the 160 gr/m2 fiberglass mesh is placed and embedded with the smooth side of the trowel. (For curved surfaces, is suggested to use fiberglass mesh weighing 58 gr/m2.) Make sure that the fiberglass mesh strips cover each other by 10 cm.
- For particularly flat substrates, instead of the VELVET DECO FLEX, VELVET DECO PREMIA COARSE can also be used as a base coat mortar and can be applied with a 6mm notched trowel. In this case, a 58 gr/m2 fiberglass mesh is placed and embedded with the smooth side of the trowel
Application of the finishing coat:
- After the application of the base coat, VELVET DECO PREMIA COARSE is used as finishing coat layer, in grain size thickness, to fully cover the fiberglass mesh. VELVET DECO PREMIA COARSE is applied with a smooth, stainless-steel trowel, in one or two layers with a maximum thickness of 1-2 mm each.
- After 24-48 hours, providing the surface should be thoroughly dry (using a suitable moisturemeter check that moisture is less than 5%, or else problems may occur in application), the protective varnish should be applied. Check the substrate is clean and then apply, either the MARMOLINE VELVET LIQUID PU, 1k polyurethane varnish or the MARMOLINE VELVET AQUA PU, 2k water-based, polyurethane varnish, which is the ideal solution for indoor applications. The varnishes applied using roller, brush or via spraying. It is recommended to apply two coats, crosswise, observing the waiting time between them (~ 24 hours) with a consumption of 100-120 g/m2 per coat.
12 months from the date of production in unopened package, in a dry place