VELVET DECO PREMIA FINE
DECORATIVE ACRYLIC READY - MIXED COATING
+5°C / +35°C
VELVET DECO PREMIA FINE is suitable for application on the following types of substrates:
- Concrete and cement mortars
- Mosaic and existing old tiles (using a suitable primer)
- Cement boards, plasterboards (using a suitable primer)
Suitable for application on horizontal and vertical surfaces in the following areas:
- Living areas (kitchens, living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, showers, built-in furniture)
- Warehouses & handling areas
- Office spaces
- Commercial buildings
- Surfaces with underfloor heating system
- Particularly extra smooth finish
- High flexibility
- Used for the aesthetic renovation of interior or exterior surfaces, walls and floors
- Ready to use
- Very good workability
- Easy to clean
- Anti- cracking properties
- Strong adhesion to the substrate
- High compressive, flexural and abrasion resistance
- The substrate should be properly prepared (thoroughly dry, sufficiently stable and free of dust, grease, loose materials etc.).
- If the substrate is rough and not sufficiently flat, it should be smoothed/ smoothed by using MARMOLINE FLOW SL 500 self-levelling floor screed.
Application of the base coat:
- Prime the substrate using MARMOLINE PRO CONTACT quartz adhesion primer. Apply VELVET DECO FLEX base coat mortar as a filling and levelling base coating (once the primer has dried, at least 2 hours after the application). Primer consumption: 200 – 300 gr/m2.
- VELVET DECO FLEX is gradually added to water under continuous stirring, until a suitable mixture is formed. Applied using a 10 mm notched trowel, while the 160 gr/m2 fiberglass mesh is placed and embedded. (For curved surfaces, is suggested to use fiberglass mesh weighing 58 gr/m2.) Make sure that the fiberglass mesh strips cover each other by 10 cm.
- The same application process can be followed in case VELVET DECO FINE is used as a coating over the VELVET DECO FLEX base coat.
- For particularly flat substrates, the acrylic decorative coating VELVET DECO COARSE can be used as a base coat, with the use of fiberglass mesh weighing of 58 gr/m2 .
- Apply VELVET DECO PREMIA COARSE mortar with a 6mm notched trowel (when the mortar is still fresh) to fully cover the fiberglass mesh.
Application of the finishing coat:
- After the application of the base coat, VELVET DECO PREMIA FINE is used as finishing coat. VELVET DECO PREMIA FINE is applied with a smooth, stainless-steel trowel, in one or two layers.
- After 24-48 hours, providing the surface should be thoroughly dry (using a suitable moisturemeter check that moisture is less than 5%, or else problems may occur in application), the protective varnish should be applied.
- Check the substrate is clean. Apply either MARMOLINE VELVET LIQUID PU 1k polyurethane varnish or MARMOLINE VELVET AQUA PU, 2k water-based, polyurethane varnish, which is suitable for indoor applications.
- The varnishes applied using roller, brush or via spraying. It is recommended to apply two coats, crosswise, observing the waiting time between them (~ 24 hours) with a consumption of 100- 120 g/m2 per coat.
12 months from the date of production in unopened package, in a dry place