Bituminous aluminum varnish. It is a mixture of specially processed bitumen, organic solvents and aluminum paste.
In metal containers of 20 lt
+5°C to +35°C
Roller, grass brush, paint brush or paint sprayer gun
Bituminous surfaces: 0.125-0.160 lt/m² per layer
Metal surfaces: 0.100-0.130 lt/m² per layer
It is applied mainly for the protection of bituminous materials (old and new) of all sealed surfaces, from ultraviolet radiation. It is also used for anti-rust protection of metal surfaces, e.g. pipes, sheds, metal roofs or tanks. Suitable for application on surfaces made of concrete, lightweight concrete, metal, plasterboard, brick, rock and wood. It is affected by petroleum products. It should not be applied on surfaces of products made of polystyrene (expanded or extruded), as it contains organic solvents.
- Suitable for many types of surfaces
- It dries quickly
- It protects from ultraviolet sun radiation, while it also prevents heat absorption through reflection
- Check surfaces to make sure that they are dry and clean from dirt, oils, rust and rickety materials.
- Mix the ingredient well before use, make sure you reach the bottom of the container (preferably using an electrical mixer), as the aluminum paste settles at the bottom.
- Do not dilute.
- Absorbent surfaces made of concrete or wood, should first be primed with the bituminous varnish BITUPRIMER and once the primer has dried, they should be painted with ALUPASTE.
- Metal surfaces that have undergone oxidation, should be cleaned well from rust and then be primed with BITUPRIMER, before they can be painted with ALUPASTE.
- Cold-apply in just one layer using a roller, a grass brush, a paint brush or a paint sprayer gun, moving in one direction.
- The grayish color of ALUPASTE inside the container disappears within a few seconds after the application of the material, once the aluminum molecules rise to the painted surface.
- If you need to apply a second layer, you should wait until the first one dries completely, so as to prevent the entrapment of solvents between the layers.
- Tools should be cleaned immediately after use, by using gasoline.
It is stored in roofed spaces (+ 5°C to + 35°C), away from direct sunlight as well as away from heat and fire sources. In a closed container, in the above-mentioned situations, this product is preserved unaltered for an unlimited time.