Highly flexible, polymer modified, 2-component cementitious water proofing brushable slurry suitable for waterproofing concrete and masonry. It consists of two components: The cement-based powder with selected quartz aggregates and special additives (component A) and the high-performance acrylic-based liquid (component B). AQUATA ELASTIC protects structures against moisture, and water under pressure. It also has the ability to bridge microcracks, excellent adhesion to various substrates and is suitable for application in drinking water tanks.
- Component A: Bag of 25 kg
- Component B: Container of 8.75 kg
5°C to +25°C
Brush, roller paint
Coverage with 1 kg: 0.60 – 0.75 m² depending on the project’s requirements and the thickness of the application
It is suitable for:
- Waterproofing of the concrete that is subject to small shifts or cracks
- Protection of the concrete from atmospheric agents
- Waterproofing coating on roofs, with the use of a mesh, where necessary
- Sealing of basements, water tanks and pools (before the installation of tiles)
- Suitable for use beneath ceramic tiling bonded with adhesives (in accordance with EN 14891)
- Product suitable for contact with water intended for human consumption (conforms with EN 14944-1)
- Sealing and coating of holes of traverses in order to ensure waterproofing
- Resistant to negative or positive water pressure
- Vapour permeable
- Quick and easy application
- Crack bridging capability
- Environmentally friendly
- Resistant to solar radiation
- The substrate should be clean and structurally sound without cracks.
- The temperature of the substrate should range between 5°C and 35°C.
- Before the application of AQUATA ELASTIC, you should water the substrate until saturated and remove any standing water.
- Empty the liquid (component B) in a clean container, leaving a small quantity inside the container.
- Add the dry mortar (component A) slowly to the liquid, while you stir with the appropriate mixer.
- Mixing is performed with a mechanic mixer at a slow speed, until the mixture is homogenized and lump-free.
- Leave the mixture to settle for 3 minutes and mix again, adding the rest of the amount of liquid.
- You should not add water to the mixture.
- During application, stir the mixture again at regular intervals.
- The material is applied in two layers.
- Apply the first layer with a brush, by pressing the material on the surface.
- The second layer can be applied (with a brush, spatula or roller), once the first layer has dried, and always vertically to the first layer.
- Period between the two layers: minimum time 12 hours and maximum time 48 hours at 20°C.
- During summer months you should cure the mortar by spraying it with water and during winter months by covering it with plastic sheets/tarps (do not spray with water).
- Curing is recommended to last for 3 days, while the material is protected from strong wind, extreme temperatures, frost and rain.
Maximum storage time, in intact packaging and in dry environment: 12 months from the production date