Flexible, brushable, cement based, two-component waterproofing slurry. It consists of a cementitious mortar (component A) and a resinous emulsion (component B). It is ideal for the excellent waterproofing of concrete surfaces, underground tanks and surfaces that will be covered with tiles. It has the ability to bridge microcracks, excellent adhesion to various substrates and is suitable for demanding applications.
- Component A: Bag of 25 kg
- Component B: Container of 10 kg
5oC to 30 oC
First layer with a brush. Second layer with a brush, spatula or roller
1.65 kg/m2 /mm. The thickness of the application depends on the requirements of each project.
- Tile fixing: after approx. 2 days
- Immersion in water: after at least 15 days
- Walking: after approx.2 days
- Rain: after approx. 1 day
Τhe two packages are completely mixed (comp. Α : comp. Β= 25:10). It is not allowed to add water to the mixture.
Specific Weight of Fresh Mortar
- Waterproofing of basement walls and foundations.
- Waterproofing of surfaces made of brick, concrete, render, etc
- For wet spaces with negative pressures (underground tanks, swimming pools).
- Waterproofing of surfaces to be covered with tiles such as balconies,terraces, inverted roofs, wet areas (bathrooms, kitchens) etc.
- For indoor or outdoor applications.
- Resistant to positive and negative water pressure.
- Protects concrete from carbonation and atmospheric agents.
- Strong adhesion to the substrate such as concrete, cement mortars, stone, masonry
- Permeable by water vapor.
- Crack bridging ability.
- Offers resistance to ageing.
- Excellent workability.
- Easy to handle and apply.
- User and environmentally friendly.
- The substrate must be stable, dry and free from dust, loosely attached particles and all kinds of dirt. In addition, the surface must be clean, without dust, salts or oil.
- Pour the liquid emulsion (component B) into a clean container leaving a small amount in the container. The powder mortar (component A) must be added slowly to the liquid, while mixing at the same time
- Mix with a mechanical stirrer, on slow speed, until the material is homogeneous and without lumps.
- Let the mixture rest for 3 minutes and mix again, adding the remaining amount of liquid
- Not allowed to add water to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture at regular intervals during use.
- The material is applied in two layers. Apply the first layer with a brush, pressing the material onto the surface. The second layer can be applied (with a brush, spatula or roller) when the first has dried and always in a crosswise direction to the first layer.
- Sequel interval of coatings: minimum 12 hours and maximum 48 hours at 20°C.
- Maximum total application thickness should be 2mm, applied in two layers.
- In areas subject to high stresses, local reinforcement of AQUATA FL is required. Use of a tape of polyester fabric (30 gr/m2) or fiberglass mesh (58 gr/m2) on the first layer of mortar while it is still fresh.The mesh must be placed and completely embedded in the mortar.
- After application, the material must be protected for 3 days from strong wind, extreme temperatures, cold and rain.
- During the summer months, the mortar should be maintained by spraying with water.
- Avoid direct application of the material under high temperatures or strong wind.
- Maximum storage time, in intact packaging and in dry environment: 12 months from the production date.