In some houses we find old mosaics or old tiles that usually need replacement and renovation. How can this be renovated? How can we proceed with a new investment and at what cost?
The choice of taking off the old surfaces and then laying the floor with new upholstery is a costly, time-consuming, noisy, dusty. However, we can proceed with the placement of a new tile on the top of the old one, without its previous removal.
The installation of new tiles, such as the large tiles, which are the new trend, can be supported with the high quality, super-elastic tile adhesives of MARMOLINE FLEX 2000 & MARMOLINE FLEX 3000.
Tiling large tiles - the new trend in flooring
The new trend in the decoration of indoor and outdoor spaces is the application of large tiles. An option ideal both for the initial investment choice, and mainly for the renovation of an existing one.
In the case of floor renovation, the choice of high quality, ultra-elastic white tile adhesive FLEX 3000, category C2TES2 or FLEX 2000, category C2TES1 for tiling large tiles is ideal.
How to apply
- Check the surface to be clean of dust, grease and loose materials.
- Apply the acrylic water primer MARMOLINE MST 11 on the surface for better adhesion of the substrate.
- Mix well, with a low speed electric drill, a 25 kg bag with about 7 litres of clean water. For smooth and absorbent substrate, we use the quartz primer MARMOLINE PRO CONTACT.
- Allow the adhesive mixture to mature for 5 -10 minutes, and then stir again.
- Apply the adhesive with the help of a suitable toothed spatula (the size of which you will choose depending on the substrate and the type of tile) evenly over the entire surface of the substrate.
- We place the tiles by applying pressure to them.
- The adhesive remains workable in the container for 3-4 hours depending on the season, temperature and humidity of the environment. When the adhesive starts to tighten, then we have to mix again without adding water.
- The joints of the tiles can be done 24 hours (for the floors) and 12 hours (for the walls).
- Ηas excellent resistance to shrinkage and expansion while offering very high strengths, making it ideal for similar applications on metal surfaces.
- The layered mixture must be covered with tiles within 30 minutes from the application of the adhesive and definitely before a crust (film) is created on its surface.
- In case of need to glue ceramic tiles on plasterboard, they must be primed with acrylic water primer MARMOLINE MST 11