Fiber-reinforced, polymer modified, cement- based insulation boards adhesive & coating. Ideal for the adhesion of expanded polystyrene (EPS), as well as mineral wool (MW) boards on surfaces of concrete, plaster or brick masonry. Reinforced with suitable fiberglass mesh, is used for the coating of thermal insulation boards, on external and internal surfaces of buildings. With Eurofins Indoor Air Comfort certification ensuring that THERMOWHITE complies with the strictest European regulations on VOC emissions.
5°C to +35°C
4 – 7kg of dry mortar per m², depending on the use and nature of the substrate
About 6 lt of water /bag of 25 kg
Use it as adhesive of thermal insulation boards, on surfaces such as concrete, bricks, plaster, cement blocks, aerated concrete, stone, etc., on exterior and interior surfaces of buildings. In combination with suitable anchors which secure the installation, it can be used for coating of thermal insulation boards, in combination also with appropriate MARMOLINE fibreglass mesh, before applying decorative plasters /renders such as MARMOLINE SVR series.
It is part of a certified External Thermal Insulation Composite System (ETICS), in combination with SVR Value external render.
- Strong adhesion to the substrate such as concrete, cement, stone, masonry
- Excellent workability.
- Easy to handle and apply.
- User and environmentally friendly.
- Low VOC`s
- With Eurofins Indoor Air Comfort certification ensuring that THERMOWHITE complies with the strictest European regulations on VOC emissions.
- Check and prepare the application surface. Make sure that it is clean, without dust, loose material etc.
- Mix the content of a 25 kg bag, with about 6 lt of water, using a low-rev electric mixer until a homogeneous, lump-free mixture is obtained
- Leave the mixture to set for five to ten minutes and stir again.
- When used as a fiberglass reinforced coating, apply the mix all over the surface of the insulation board to a thickness of 2 – 3 mm. Place the appropriate MARMOLINE fiberglass mesh to the prepared surface and press with a spatula or trowel until the mesh is fully embedded in the adhesive. The stripes of the mesh should overlap by 10 cm approx.
Finally, smooth the surface, while simultaneously removing excess mortar.
- When used as an adhesive, apply the mixture all over the surface of the insulation board to a thickness of 2 – 3 mm, using an automatic pump or by hand with a spatula or around the surface of the insulation board and at 2-3 points in the middle, provided that the adhesive covers 40% of the insulation board surface.
- Attach the boards starting from the bottom of the masonry crossways without gaps.
- Suitable anchors should also be used to secure the installation of the insulation boards.
- You can use the mixture within 2-4 hours, depending on the ambient temperature and the time period.
- The content of the bag should be protected from humidity.
- Do not add excessive quantity of water for it may cause cracks and reduced strength of the product.
- Not recommended for use in extreme weather conditions (frost or heatwave). Application temperature 5°C ως +35°C
The above application guidelines are indicative, for the correct use of the product. For more technical details please contact the company’s technical department
Mixing ratio: About 6 kg (lt) of water /bag of 25 kg.
4 – 4,5 kg of dry mortar per m², when used as a fiberglass mesh reinforced mortar on polystyrene or mineral wool.
4 – 7 kg of dry mortar per m², depending on the nature of the substrate, when used as insulation boards adhesive.
12 months from the date of production in unopened package, in a dry place.