Thixotropic, high-strength, fiber-reinforced, polymer-modified cementitious repair mortar with compensated shrinkage. Ideal for high-strength repairs on concrete elements. Application thickness repairs of 10-40mm. Classified as PCC R4 mortar according to EN 1504-3 standard.
25 kg bags
5 kg plastic bags
+5°C to +35°C
Chisel or high pressure water blasting
Approx. 20 kg of powder product per m² per 10mm layer thickness
3,5 – 4,2 lt / 25kg
It is suitable for:repairs of damaged structural elements of concrete (beams,columns) concrete cavities due to poor casting and weak vibration repairs of concrete precast elements.
- High strength (R4 class)
- It contains pure quartz aggregates
- Shrinkage compensating
- Formulation rich in cement allows easy placing and finishing
- The concrete substrate must be completely clean, free of dust, grease etc and structurally checked.
- The cavity of the surface to be repaired should be at least 10 mm thick.
- The edges where concrete is removed, should be cut at an angle of 90° and to a thickness of at least 10mm.
- Remove deteriorated concrete or mortar by hand or mechanical methods (chisel or high pressure water blasting) ensuring also the appropriate surface roughness.
- Reinforcement should be cleaned from rust and any other loose and deleterious materials or add new bars if the existing are no longer appropriate.
- Before applying THIXOCRETE the substrate should be saturated with water.
- Remove excess water.
- In a clean bucket, initially pour the minimum amount of water indicated and add THIXOCRETE continuously. Mix (in low speed) until a homogeneous, without lumps, mixture is achieved.
- Hand mixing of the product is not recommended.
- The final levelling /smoothing of the surface, may only begin once the mortar has started to set.
- After application, the mortar should be properly cured for at least 2 days. During the summer period with wet burlaps, spraying water or curing agents and during winter period should be protected from low temperatures with plastic sheets.
- Mixing ratio: 3.5 – 4.2 lt of water per bag of 25 kg.
The material is applied by troweling to the desired thickness.
Maximum storage time in intact packaging and dry environment: 12 months from the production date