VELVET AQUA PU
Velvet Aqua PU is a 2-component, matte, aliphatic, polyurethane water-based varnish. It is ideal as a protective varnish over decorative coatings (cementitious & acrylic based systems) and patterns,
as well as for wooden surfaces and mineral (cementitious based substrates. It is suitable for internal and external use.
Component Α: 4 kg, plastic container
Component Β: 1 kg, metallic container
+5°C to +30°C
Paint roller/ paintbrush
Consumption depends on the substrate absorption, as well as on the application equipment.
As a guide: 100-120 g/m² per coat.
~ 30 min. (+20°C)
- For new and existing constructions
- Ideal as a protective varnish over decorative coatings (cementitious & acrylic based systems), offering additional colour stabilization
- It is applied over surfaces with stylish effects and patterns, such as metal imitations, mineral substrates and concrete, patterns with rust effect, «scratched», stencils, e.t.c.
- Over wooden surfaces (parquet) and furniture applications, forming a surface with a velvety texture and mat appearance
- Suitable for mineral (cementitious based) floors (warehouses, parking areas, e.t.c.) offering exceptional hot tire resistance
- Mat finish
- Internal and external use
- No yellowing
- Abrasion resistant
- Surface stabilizing, without chromatic alteration of the original colour shade
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Resistant against UV radiation
- Weak odour
- Water based, significantly low VOC
- Low consumption
The substrate must be sound, solid, dry and free of dust, loose particles and all types of contaminants. Clean it thoroughly (e.g. by wet scrubbing, water jet, e.t.c.) and allow it to dry.
VELVET AQUA PU can be applied using a roller, brush or via spraying.
Pour Component A into a clean container. Then add Component B and mix using an electric mixer at low speed (max. 500 rpm) for about 3 minutes. Observe the mixing time to avoid air entrapment.
VELVET AQUA PU is applied on the properly prepared substrate, using roller, brush or via spraying. It is recommended to apply 2 coats, crosswise, observing the waiting time between
them. On new substrates, observe the following curing times of the substrate before applying the varnish:
Substrate type – Substrate curing time (+20°C)
Cementitious decorative layers/systems ~ 4 days
Acrylic decorative layers/systems ~ 24 hours
Mineral substrates- 28 days
Protect from direct sunlight, rain and wind, for at least 24 hours after application.
Fresh material should be removed immediately from the application equipment using water. Hardened/cured material can only be removed mechanically.
In the original, closed, sealed and undamaged packaging, protected from direct sunlight and frost, at temperatures between +5°C and +30°C, 12 months from date of production.