Our kitchen is one of those places where we spend many hours a day, where the family gathers and functionality is in demand. Κitchen renovation is definitely an expensive option. We can, however, proceed with some renovation actions that will change the final image of the space. The change of colour in the walls and the cabinets of the kitchen together with small touches of decoration (decorations, change of location) can give a completely different form and feeling, to renew the kitchen and the mood of its users.
The renewal of the shades on the walls through the rich range of colours of MARMOLINE is the first step of renewal of the space. Choose the high quality plastic paint FLYING COLORS INTERIOR or the plastic interior paint UNI PAINT of MARMOLINE that will give excellent finishing surfaces in different shades.
Next step, the kitchen cabinets. Renew your kitchen cabinets with the high quality water varnish L’AQUA PAINT. Follow the process of preparing the cabinets and enjoy your new and renewed space!
Wall painting application steps
- The surface on which the product will be applied must be durable, dry, free from dust and grease.
- Remove loose parts – previous paint peels for better adhesion of the material.
- For plastering and troweling the surfaces, use the acrylic putty STUCCO BIANCO or the ready for use acrylic putty in paste, STUCCO PASTE.
- On new surfaces or surfaces that were in poor condition and repaired / plastered, first prime with MARMOLINE MST 11 primer diluted with water up to 30%.
- Mix the FLYING COLORS well before use.
- You can dilute it by adding 5‐ 10% water.
- Apply in two coats.
Kitchen Cabinet painting application steps
- Preparation of the space and the surface, which must be durable, dry, clean from dust and grease.
- Place paper tape on the joints of the cabinets with the other surfaces (walls, benches, furniture). Lay corrugated paper, tarpaulin or nylon. Cover hinges and each surface around the points to be painted.
- Remove the cabinets.
- Unscrew all the cabinets and remove the knobs. Likewise remove the drawers from the cupboards and respectively the knobs from the drawers.
- Cleaning the surfaces in order to be painted.
- Over time, kitchen cabinets get dirty by smoke, oil, food. For the correct adhesion of the primer before the paint, but also of the paint, a good cleaning of the wooden surfaces with household and mild cleaners should be done. Then wait for them to dry well.
- For an excellent adhesion of the primer to the substrate, it is necessary to sand the surface with sandpaper No. 120 or a special wood primer to remove the previous paint or the final already existing varnish. Then remove the dust from the surface with a soft cloth or otherwise with a vacuum cleaner.
- Priming by applying the high quality water-soluble, odourless white primer L’AQUA PRIMER which with its special composition of modern technology is suitable for indoor and outdoor use on various surfaces eg wood, metal, PVC etc. Mix well and dilute 5-10 % with water.
- Apply with a roller, brush or spray gun. Avoid repainting or repairing when more than 5-10 minutes have passed since the application of the primer, depending on the temperature and humidity conditions. Use at temperatures below 10 ° C and above 40 ° C is not recommended.
- Wait 4 – 6 hours for the L’AQUA PRIMER water primer to dry completely, before applying the high quality L’AQUA PAINT water varnish. Mix well and dilute 10-20% with water. Apply in 2 coats with a roller, brush or spray gun. The second layer is applied after the first layer has dried.
- We place the cupboards and the drawers in place, we take care of the correct screwing of the hinges and… we enjoy our new kitchen!
It is not recommended to use both L’AQUA PRIMER primer and L’AQUA PAINT water varnish at temperatures below 10 ° C and above 40 ° C.